ROOMS AND CHILDREN
Each room can accommodate a maximum of two adults. The rooms are cozy, but they aren’t huge, so there is no space for additional guests in any of the rooms.
- Whitewater Lodge is an adult friendly bed and breakfast. The minimum age to stay is 14 years old. We are not able to accommodate any little ones.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- Check in is between 3:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m.
- If you are going to be arriving after 8:00 p.m. please call us so we can let you know about our self check-in arrangements.
- We take all payments for the night by 8:00 p.m. If you’re arriving after this time we will charge the credit card we have on file for the full amount of your stay.
- Check out is by 10:30 a.m. Checking out after 10:30 a.m. may result in additional charges.
- Reservations can be cancelled without penalty up to 3 days prior to your arrival. If cancellation occurs within 3 days (72 hours) of your arrival (based on a 3:00 p.m. check-in time), the booking is fully non-refundable.
- The credit card we have on file with be charged for 100% of your stay.
- If you’ve booked using a booking engine (Booking.com, Expedia etc.) you must cancel the booking yourself in the booking engine used to make the reservation. We cannot do this for you.
- Breakfast is served between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. and the dining room is only open during this time.
- Please let us know of any allergies or special dietary requirements at the time of booking.
- Quiet time starts at 10:00 p.m. and we ask that you are respectful of us and our other guests.
- We are a quiet bed and breakfast suited to travellers who are looking for a peaceful, mountain holiday. If you’re coming to Golden to party please find another place to stay.
- Guests who disrespect this with loud or inappropriate behaviour will be asked to leave and no refund will be given. Don’t be that person.
- The hot tub is open daily until 10:00 p.m.
- No glass (bottles, wine glasses etc.) is permitted in the hot tub. Broken glass in the hot tub will ruin the fun for everyone!
- Please read the hot tub rules and liability sign that’s hanging near the hot tub before getting in. If you’re the last one please close the lid back when you’ve finished with your soak.
FOOD AND DRINKS
- Cooking is not permitted in the rooms or anywhere throughout the lodge, and we ask that you don’t eat in the rooms. We have a comfy common room that’s set up with a table and chairs for you to enjoy any food you brought with you, or if you’re feeling like take-out ( Red Tomato Pies in Golden has really yummy pizza!).
- Fees may apply if this policy is ignored.
- Pets are not permitted to stay in the lodge.
- We do have a friendly dog on the property, though. She lives with us in the owners suite and has never been in the bedrooms, dining room, lobby or common room.
- This is a non smoking building and smoking is not allowed anywhere inside or near the lodge. We have several areas around the property that are designated for smoking - please ask us where you should go.
- A fee will be charged to the credit card we have on file if anyone smokes indoors.
- We are working hard to reduce our carbon footprint and hope that you will be willing to help. Please reuse your towels, recycle when possible and turn off lights when you’re the last one to leave a room.
SKIS AND SNOWBOARDS
- We do not allow any skis or snowboards in the rooms. We recommend you lock them in your car (we’ve never had a problem in our parking lot), or we have a drying room where we can store your gear.
- Taxes are not included in the listed rates. 15% tax is applied to all stays in British Columbia.
- Please note that Golden, B.C. is in the Mountain Time Zone (same as Alberta).
- Lots of rental cars will switch at the border, but this is wrong. We’re the last town in B.C on Mountain Time.